Many women and even men too are suffering from the skin disorder called cellulite. Actually, you can understand cellulite as the fat cells which accumulate just under the skin. It is known as cottage cheese skin or orange peel skin. Due to the working estrogen and progesterone hormones, women get cellulite easily. Skin starts appearing lumpy and sunken.
The main reason of cellulite is obesity, dieting, and fat deposits due to packaged foods. Pregnancy, unhealthy lifestyle, genetics are some other causes of cellulite deposits.
Apple Cider Vinegar:
If you want to get rid of cellulite faster, you should try apple cider vinegar (ACV).
- Firstly you mix apple cider vinegar with 2 parts water and a bit of honey and rub on the areas needed, then rinse with warm water.
- It may not get rid of cellulite for good, but it should help reduce the appearance.
- Additionally, try making a body wrap: mix ACV and water in equal parts, and then rub it on the area.
- Afterward, wrap the areas in plastic wrap and a warm towel for 1 hour, then rinse.
- Other than being used for cellulite reduction, the benefits of apple cider vinegar are overwhelming – don’t skip this potential solution!
Lemon Juice and Lemon Skin:
- Extract fresh lemon juice and apply it directly on your skin to get rid of cellulite.
- In order to reduce the itchiness, add honey to the lemon juice before applying.
- Alternatively, you can also rub lemon peel on the surface of the skin where you have cellulite. Wash your skin with warm water.
Olive oil pampers your skin with the essential nutrients and moisturizes it deeply. When your skin gets enough moisture, it does not cause cellulite.
- Gently massage your skin with the olive oil before you hit the hay.
- Our skin rejuvenates when we sleep; hence, this remedy works best at night.
Hot Castor Oil:
Castor oil promotes the production of collagen and elastin, and penetrates deep into the skin. It is a terrific moisturizer that helps treat cellulite.
- Take some castor oil in a bowl and lukewarm it in the microwave.
- Massage with this for 20 minutes. Wait for one hour and have shower with lukewarm water.
- Alternatively, you can add grapefruit, lemon, lavender essential oil to castor oil. Apply it on affected areas.
This might come as a surprise to you since you are not sure how gelatin can help. Gelatin can have various bad effects not only on the skin but also on the hair and nails. It can effectively improve digestion which can help get rid of toxins that are stuck on the body. The various amino acids that Gelatin has can be good in removing cellulite’s.
- Include gelatin in your diet.
- Instead of eating various desserts, eating gelatin rich desserts can help improve metabolism.
- Consume more gelatins every day.
Cayenne pepper is an effective ingredient to burn all the fat by naturally raising the body heat. It improves blood circulation and boosts metabolism. It can help in getting rid of dead skin cells and replace them with strong and healthy cells. You may also consume cayenne pepper regularly to eliminate toxins from the body and reduces the appearance of cellulite in the thighs.
How to Use:
- Add one or two teaspoons of cayenne pepper powder to one teaspoon of grated ginger
- Add fresh-squeezed juice from one lemon to a glass of warm water and mix it thoroughly
- Drink this cellulite detox drink once or twice daily for one or two months to notice results
Green tea has been referred to by many, as being a miracle drink! Not only does it speed up your metabolism, but it also helps you burn fat by stopping the production of fat-absorbing enzymes. Also, catechins found in green and white teas can help reduce insulin resistance. Drinking at least three cups a day could increase energy expenditure and help you shift that cellulite. So go ahead and switch those cups of coffee for green tea.
Some Other Tips for Reducing Cellulite:
- Do a full-body workout every day.
- Consume healthy fats.
- Use coconut oil to moisturize skin.
- Balance hormones by avoiding omega-6 polyunsaturated fats and caffeine, getting enough sleep, and taking supplements.
- Drink at least 8 glasses of water a day. Or you can eat food with higher water content like melons, cucumbers, leafy vegetables, etc. every day to get rid of the cellulite.
- Tomatoes contain lycopene, which prevents the breakdown of collagen in the skin and keeps skin looking firmer and smoother. You can eat or apply it on affected area.
- Avoid stress.
- Whenever possible, use the natural remedies listed in this article rather than using over-the-counter products that cause side effects.